The Smoothbeam laser is FDA approved for the treatment of acne. It works by altering the function and output of the sebaceous (oil) gland. Following treatment, the gland may produce less oil reducing or eliminating the need for Accutane or oral antibiotics. It can also help treat pre-existing scaring. This laser is safe, relatively pain-free and can be done quickly in the office while you are awake. Usually 3-5 treatments are needed with about 3-4 weeks between treatments.
Schedule a consult to get started with Smoothbeam!
Alert the Physician if:
• You have been on Accutane in the past 6 months
• You have a history of herpes (fever blisters), you should inform your technician prior to the procedure.
• You are pregnant or nursing
One week prior to your treatment:
• Discontinue Retin A, Epiduo, Veltin, Atralin, Tazorac, Differin, Tretinoin, or retinol containing products
• Do not use any facial scrubs or exfoliating sponges
• Discontinue any hair removal creams such as Nair
• Do not wax or have electrolysis done to treatment areas